11.03.2010

Buzz: To infinity and beyond!

To be honest, I am not disneyholic. When I was young, I only watched Japanese anime. But no doubt after watching Toy Story 3, I extremely adore Buzz Lightyear a lot!

Now, please let me talk about something that unrelated to Mr. Buzz. When I watched Toy Story, I have a strong sympathy with Andy and his toy. I don’t know how many of you like playing toys during your childhood. For me, I don’t need pretty Barbie, I don’t need expensive dolls. Every little thing can fulfill my needs. In 1998, my sister gave me a rabbit doll, named Siu Pak. He has already been our “litter brother” and living with us almost 11 years. From that time on, we have set the birth date and would celebrate for him every year. We would also humanize Siu Pak by changing our voice to pretend his cute voice. We even give him a bath and collect many new toys for him to create a small community within this house. Other people might think I am seriously crazy, how come a twenty something girl still holding a doll like an idiot? But do you know we have already built a special, amazing relationship between my family and Pak? While I found there are some broken areas on his neck or else where, I will cry and call my sister to save him. Recently I saw the photo album, Siu Pak has changed his size a lot. A little fatty now became an underweight child. I am worry……………………someday he will leave me first.

Let’s come back to the topic, Buzz is my favorite character in Toy Story 3. Before he came to Andy’s home, he still thinks he is a space ranger to protect the universe. Until Woody said the truth – he is only a toy that can be easily found in the stores. He finally accepted the fact and was trying to be friend with Woody, Rex, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head etc. This story inspired me to think over their small but strong relationship, they are not just an object, each of them have their own spirit and mind to protect their friends. The story also let me know more about Buzz Lightyear, his mother language is Spanish, while he was being out of his mind, he spoke incoherently.

I admire his personality. He is a clever and confident leader, he always makes right decision and guides all the things succeed. He has great bravery to explore the uncertain places which enable him a spirit of adventure. While some emergency accidents happened, he is willing to sacrifice himself.

My most favorite scene of Toy Story 3 is the ending part. Andy starts to study in University and he won’t have much time to play with his toys. Therefore he plans to help all toys to find a new owner, Bonnie. I almost cry every time while I saw Andy gulped back his tears to introduce each toy in great detail. Finally Andy left, Bonnie hold Woody hands to say good-bye with smile. In the meanwhile, I can’t stop my tears from running down my face as I tried to catch on Woody and Buzz's thought: They must miss Andy very very much.

By Eunice Liu

Haha, i love this theme song so much! It is quite memorable!

Do you think they look alike?

No comments:

Post a Comment